Friday, July 20, 2012

Chocolate Dates

I have recently become a little obssessed with sugar free baking.
This stemed from a pending dentist visit, but am wanting to make it a permanent lifestyle change. If you didnt already know, sugar is the worst culprite in weight gain, even more than fats.
Anyway, in my quest to cut out sugar, I have found some great recipes from blogs as well as coming up with my own.
Today I want to share a recipe I found on www.chocolatecoveredkatie.com that altered a little to suit my tastes more. Below is my recipe. The original can be found here.

Chocolate Fudge Date Balls
Pack of Pitted Dates
3 TB Cocoa
1 TB Peanut Butter
1/4 Cup Desicated Coconut
1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
Splash of milk

Throw all but coconut in a food processor until smooth a paste forms. Roll into balls and coat in the coconut. No sugar but tastes so decadent!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment