Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Golden Globes 2013: Hair & Makeup

Straight into it....

Julianne Hough killed it on all fronts this year. As mentioned in my previous post, i was a big fan of her dress, and she also smashed it with her hair and makeup. The rocker hair and smokey eye makeup contrasted well with her floaty white dress.
Also nailing the makeup this year was Francesca Eastwood. Daughter of Clint Eastwood, she was 2013's Miss Golden Globe, and she gave a giant nod to old hollywood glamour with barrel curls and red lips. She looked stunning.
Another favourite for hair and makeup was Jennifer Lawrence. Again she nailed it with her outfit and also with her hair & makeup. I am such a fan of the messy updo and she pulls it off so well. Her makeup was understated but beautiful.
Lastly, Katherine McPhee paired that killer dress with a messy top knot and black smudged liner. I loved this look. So polished but messed up a little. Fine line between slept in and polished and she did it justice.

There was some shockers this year aswell.
Firstly with J-Lo. She looks like she slept in her makeup before she got out of the limo. Its all smudged and dirty looking. I dont know what happened here.
Argh, What happened to Nicole Richie!?? She is one of my biggest fashion icons and she just messed this look up. Blue eyeshadow? Granny hair? She looks 80 in this picture! I hate it! Why Nicole?
Next is Jessica Alba. At first I was a fan of the look and then I changed my mind. That lipstick does not match the dress. Who pairs orange lips with a coral dress. No they are not the same shade!!
Finally, Sarah Hyland. Poor thing tried to do something different this year with wearing her hair down. It was too much with that dress for starters, and then that makeup... I know gothic makeup is big at the moment but she looks like granny tried to dress her up and do her makeup. Its wrong and she looks so old. Definately not her best look.

Makeup GG 13

No comments:

Post a Comment