Friday, February 8, 2013

In the Navy


In the Navy

One of the best colours, IMO, for any occassion is navy. Whether it be for a formal event or just casual basics, navy is staple for any wardrobe. It is the perfect substitute for black, when you want to shake it up a little. Not only does the colour flatter most skin types, it also compliments most colours too, making it the perfect staple basic. If you dont believe me, think of denim.... navy right?

To prove my point, I have come up with some classic navy pairings, to show that any colour will compliment a navy piece of clothings, whether it be as the main focal point, or with accessories.
Another thing I wanted to add, is that navy is perfect for any season. You can go nautical in summer with navy and white, or effortlessly cool with navy and black for winter.

Below I have my first ensemble created for a casual summers day. This navy shirt is paired with red shorts for contrast. Because we are going to keep it casual here, I kept the accessories to a minimum with navy canvas shoes, leather wrist bands and a fedora hat. I also added a floral cross body bag.

Next I upped the ante a little with a pastel pink bustier top paired with a navy high wasted skirt. I added gold sandals and leopard print bangles for some cute contrasts.

Last, for a more formal occasion, I used a yellow dress as the basis of my outfit. Yellow is the contrasting colour to blue, therefore making it the perfect shade to colour block with navy. I added navy heels and jewellery for a subtle navy kick and finished it off with the ever-trendy leopard clutch.

Navy Fashion

No comments:

Post a Comment