Tuesday, February 5, 2013

SAG Awards 2013: Best Dressed

I love Award Season!!!!
The Screen Actors Guild Awards were held recently in the United States and again the red carpet is where my attention gravitates. Unfortunately I wasnt able to watch the red carpet live this year, so I had to settle for researching the frocks and fashions online.
Is it just me, or does not make any sense that there are 2 award shows after eachother that critique the exact same batch of people and usually end up in the same people winning? Anyway who am I to judge, it just means more red carpets for me to pull apart :) Winning!

So first up are the best dressed of the evening.

Amanda Seyfried killed it in this navy gown by Zac Posen. The cut and the shape was divine, the fit was perfect and the train was just right. Next on my best dressed list is Nina Dobrev in Elie Saab. In my eyes Nina can do no wrong. Be it my obssession with The Vampire Diaries, but she is just amazing and beautiful and could pull off a paper bag. This pink of the dress is gorgeous and you dont often see it on the carpet. The peek-a-boo cut outs are awesome as well. Absolute winner.

Two people who I have honestly never heard but should be kept on the radar are Jaimie Alexander and Zuleikha Robinson. Firstly, Jaimie absolutely nailed it in Marc Bouwer. Its almost mermaid style finishing mid thigh and flaring out, with this insane cut out, soft panelled neckline. It was magnificent. Now, I know I said previously that I dont like prints on the red carpet... well sometimes celebrities can get it very right. Case in point with her Gustavo Cardile gown. She has manage to attract some negative opinions with this dress but why? I think the fit and the cut is beautiful on her. The colours are very water-colour and they do not overwhelm. I think it is a winner for sure.

Finally my last two of the evening are regulars on my best dressed lists. Katrina Bowden in Badgley Mischka and Maria Menounos in Randi Rahm. I think Katrinas dress is very elegant. The colour is the beautiful misty blue colour which looks amazing in the chifon material. Its fitted yet flares out at the knees and I cant fault it. Maria always looks stunning. Her body is rocking and she knows how to show it off in her red carpet picks. This red dress just complements her colouring so well and it skims her figure perfectly. You cant see it here but the dress also has a low back and honestly the only thing I can fault is the train of the dress. Its like it tried, but it failed.

Stay tuned for the fashinon fails and beauty posts coming soon :)

SAG 2013 Best

No comments:

Post a Comment