Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Winter Fun- Sight Seeing

In light of my nearing holiday, I wanted to showcase outfit ideas for sight-seeing. There are so many different places to go sightseeing in either metropolitan areas or more rural areas, so I wanted to give two options, to cater for your destination.

The first look is for those going sight seeing in major towns and cities. Whether you are having a cultural day experience in museums and galleries or going to look at cafes and shopping districts, this outfit should get you through perfectly. Out of the two, this is closest to something I would wear, and is actually something I plan to wear next week when I visit the city. When I know I will be walking around alot, I like to wear leggings or stockings, as I find that jeans and pants can get somewhat uncomfortable after awhile.

Biker boots are great for walking around in, as they have awesome support for tired and sore feet. I love the khaki jacket (which is identical the one in my wardrobe) as it adds street cred, warmth and comfort, all in one go!
A satchel bag is always great for sightseeing, as when you are in a city that you unfamiliar with and when you are holding money and documents, its great to have a bag that is strapped around your body. I hate walking around busy cities with a bag hooked around my elbow... I just feel unsafe. Sunnies are a must, and the best types are the ones without nose hooks (like on aviators) because I always find myself sliding them up and down off my head, and nothing is worse than getting those caught in your hair :(
sight 1



Next outfit idea is for those who are perhaps going to a small rural town, beach town or farm-scape.
Jeans are always great in these instances. I always find that I spend alot of time in a car either driving to each location, or on four wheel driving adventures. So I think a nice stretchy pair of jeans are great in this instance, as you never know when you are going to have to jump out and climb over some rocks, or help the car out of a ditch. Checked shirts are a little stereotypical of farm wear, but I just love a good checked shirt. They are very on trend at the moment and they are generally pretty warm on those cold days. I also added a nice neutral jumper to throw over the shirt when the days get a a little colder. Boots will always be a comfy choice when trekking any rough terrain and aviator sunnies are safe option for this type of trip as the majority of the time would be in the car or outdoors.

Let me know which option you would pick on your next sight-seeing holiday!
Sight Seeing 2

No comments:

Post a Comment