Sunday, February 2, 2014

Skincare Routine: Jan 2014

Fashion is such a big part of what I write about on this blog. In fact its the main thing that I write about.

But as most of you know, I am also a makeup artist, and therefore anything makeup or skincare holds a special place in my heart. It has been a couple of years since I put up my skincare routine, and alot has changed since then.

 My skin is still the same... oily/combination with mild acne.

Acne is a constant problem for my skin and I am always trying to find ways to improve it. Right now I am loving the Natio acne line. Its gentle and i can actually feel it working. I do still get the odd breakout or two, which is very frustrating as I am trying to clear my skin up before my wedding but I will continue to use this routine for another month  to see how i go!

My current routine for night time is to cleanse my face with Natio Dual Action Cleanser & Toner, remove any extra eye makeup with the Garnier 2 in 1 Makeup Remover, and swipe my face with Biore's Complexion Clearing toner. I then use Garniers Age Lift Eye Cream and moisturise my face with Garnier Dark Spot Corrector. If I have a breakout, I use the Nation Antibacterial Spot Treatment under the moisturiser.

In the mornings (if I am being good) I will cleanse my face as above and tone and I will then use the Natio Daily Radiance Eye Cream. Depending on what my day holds for me, I will alternate between SPF moisturiser and SPF free. If I am going out at night or will be in the office all day, I will use Palmers Cocoa butter (which I know might get alot of flack because its a body moisturiser but I LOVE it for my face). If I am going to be out a little bit in the sun I will use the Palmers Daily Facial Moisturiser with SPF 15. If I will be at the beach, at a park etc, then I will use my Nivea Daily Moisturiser with SPF 30. I dont like the feel of sunscreen on my face, and it always gets in my eyes so I don't really use it unless I need it.

I realise this is bad, as I live in Australia which has the highest sun factor in the world, and as a makeup artist i DO know better. But I just haven't found one that I am willing to wear every day... and so the hunt continues....




skincare Jan 2014

skincare Jan 2014

{ Nation Antibacterial Spot Treatment || Biore Complexion Clearing Toner || Natio Dual Action Cleaner & Toner || Garnier Dark Spot Corrector}
{ Palmers Cocoa Butter || Nation Daily Radiance Eye Cream || Garnier 2 in 1 Makeup Remover}

No comments:

Post a Comment