Monday, February 1, 2016

Summer Trend: Swimwear 2016

Being that it is right in the middle of summer in Australia, it makes sense to dedicate a post to swimwear. Being an Aussie, and more specially a Queenslander, swimwear is unapologetically our state uniform.

This year I have noticed that swimwear has taken a more modest direction; with high wasited bottoms, high neck tops and one pieces in general, being the top picks for the season.

The high waisted bottoms are amazing for us mums who want to hide the post bub paunch but still look sexy in a two piece. The high neck top is keeping in line with the post that I recently put up on this summers big trend, that translates into other items in your wardrobe as well as your swimwear items. My tips would be to pick whether you want to go high on your waist line or neckline and focus on that and keep the other part of your bikini quite basic and muted.

If bikinis aren't your thing, then one pieces are still making a splash. Again high necks are popular as well as geometric cut outs.

Emphasised and colour blocked boning was a big trend in bikinis in 2015 and it looks like it is sticking around, and I have seen it pop up on one pieces as well.

Finally I had to include my favourite style of bikini, the bandeau and I'm a sucker for a gorgeous feminine floral print like the bikini below

bikini

No comments:

Post a Comment