Sunday, October 16, 2016

Current Skincare Routine | Glam Life

Skincare is so important. You cannot get your makeup looking right if your skin is not in the best condition. Ofcourse you can layer on the concealer and radiant primer but why do you want to fake it when you can get your skin looking like that naturally???

You've heard the rules about taking your makeup off properly and never going to bed with makeup on.  These are all so true and so important to live by. Sure you can wipe your makeup off with a makeup wipe and be done with it but it's time to start valuing your skin a little more.

{ Fresh faced and ready for makeup! }


It's your largest organ and with simple skincare you can really bring out the best it has to offer which leads to you looking healthy, fresh and ultimately glowing.

Over the years Ive stuck to a pretty basic routine of face wash, astringent & moisturiser. I'd use a scrub once a month maybe and a mask was left for girly sleepovers. Last year, while I was pregnant my skin dried up alot so I went VERY basic, with just a cleanser and a moisturiser. However, I knew I had to step it up a little as I am fast approaching my 30s and I need to care for my skin (and fine lines) a little more.

Recently I came across a lady by the name of Caroline Hirons. Her name was being splashed around a pro page that I am apart of, and everyone was raving that her skincare routine was their holy grail find on the Internet. Ofcourse, I had to get a piece of the action.

 Basically she sets out a very basic, all skin types skin care routine that anyone can follow. It tells what you need, what's rubbish and what order to use. She doesn't really go into details on specific brands (although she sometimes does a top 5 recommendations if requested) but instead goes into ingredients to look for.
The link to her blog post is here and I highly recommend having a read.

I decided to base my routine on her recommendations and have come up my current skincare routine.



1. Using Simple Micellar Water on a makeup pad, I hold the pads over my lids for a little and then quickly over the rest of my face.

2. I give a second cleanse of my face with CROP Gentle Cleansing Gel and rinse.

3. I then soak a makeup pad with Woolworths Select Daily Balance Soothing Toner and wipe over my whole face except the eyes.

4. I spritz my face with Sukin Hydrating Mist Toner for some hydration.

5. I apply some Lacura Aqua Complete Eye Gel under my eyes and outter corners.

6. Then I drop some Yuva H2o serum all over my face and let it dry. If I'm feeling really dry, I'll use the Sukin Facial Treatment Oil as well.

7. Lastly I use Aveeno Daily Moisturising Lotion to lock in all the goodness.

Once or twice a week I will use my Sanctuary Spa Warming Microbrasion Polish and my Swisse Manuka Honey mask.

Why do I use body moisture?  - well, when I was pregnant I got so dry that eczema started to appear on my face. I have found, after years of trying creams, ointments lotions, that this Aveeno moisturiser is the only thing that calms and heals my eczema almost immediately. It contains Collidal Oatmeal which soothes skin conditions. It also worked on my face, and my skin looked and felt amazing.....so I kept doing and having looked back!!

What does your skincare routine look like?
God Bless


No comments:

Post a Comment