Sunday, October 9, 2016

Everyday Spring Makeup Routine | Glam Life

Today I wanted to share my general every day makeup routine.
There are some thing to know about me before I get started.

1. I am a makeup artist so I tend to use more products than you would generally need to use on a day to day basis - but that's because I find makeuo....fun!

2. Whilst I use pro products in my professional kit, I stick to drugstore/affordable makeup on myself. The reason for this is firstly because I can't bring myself to spend alot of money on myself, especially now that I'm a mum; and secondly because I find I can get amazing quality products in the drugstore.

3. I have combination skin type.














So before I begin I apply some mattifying primer to my nose. I get quite oily and have large pores in that area. I use Maybelline Baby Skin instant Pore Eraser for this. I dont really use an all over primer for every day wear. I just make sure I have moisturised with daily moisturiser first. 
For foundation I have recently been using Models Prefer Argan Natural Foundation (Nude). As its labelled it's a natural finish, meaning not matte and not too dewy either. To apply this, I use the Real Techniques Sponge. I then conceal with Maybelline Fit Me Concealer  (Shade 10), under me eyes and on any spots. I set this all with Australis Fresh & Flawless powder (Natural).

I then move onto cheeks by contouring my cheekbones with the brown shade in my BYS Contour Trio (01 Sassy). I then add a pink shade to my cheeks with the Mode Blush (Sweetheart).  For a summery glow I lightly brush a little of the Red Earth Endless Summer Bronzer (3 Tropical Night) on the top of my forehead, cheeks, nose and chin.

For eyes I generally take my bronzer again and with a  fluffy brush I sweep it over my lids and up into my crease and brow bone towards temple (to create a soft wing). I keep it very light and blended out alot. I will often alternate my days with a more defined eye and crease by using my Stila 'Eyes Are The Windows To the Soul' Palette (Mind) im feeling more adventurous I will use my I then sweep some on my lower lashline as well. I apply several coats of my Essence Lash Princess Mascara and once dry I will blend a small amount of the ivory shade from my Santee Shimmer Palette.

At this point if I feel my skin looks too matte, I will use a setting spray - right now I alternate between MAC Fix+ & Sukin Toning spray.

I move onto brows and with the NYX Micro brow pencil (05 Ash Brown) I use a feathering motion to dark and fill in my brows; making the darker and more defined towards to tail. I set this with Essence 'Make Me Brow' gel (01 Blondy Brows).

At this point I use a dense fan brush to sweep a little of the Santee ivory shimmer on top my cheek bones and cupid bow and throw on a pinky shade of lipstick. At the moment I'm like Essence long-lasting lipsticks (06 Barely There & 13 Love Me) and Essence Refreshing Lipstick  (01 Pink Parrot).



What are you favorite products to use for your everyday makeup routine?

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment