Friday, October 28, 2016

Rice & Kale Bowl | In The Kitchen

I love cooking shows. My TV, when it's on, is usually on the Food Network (unless ABC kids is on lol).

I was watching an episode of Tia Mowrys cooking show and she had this delicious looking quinoa breakfast bowl (linked here) and I wanted to recreate it and tweak it a little to suit more of a lunch time meal, and also I am not a fan of quinoa - so rice it is!

Please note that it is personal preference on measurements and how much you want of each ingredient....it's not a cake - no need for measuring :)
I will put down my approximates though....


Side note: I'm a kale chips convert!!!

Rice & Kale Bowl

1/2 Cup of Brown rice
80g BBQ chicken (hot from supermarket)
1 large egg
Handful of Kale chips (used this recipe)
Salt and Pepper
Hot sauce
1 TBSP Parmesen cheese
1 TSP Marjoram
1/2 TSP Smoked Paprika
1 TSP Garlic Aoli
1 TBSP Chipotle Sauce
Salt and Pepper

1. Make up some kale chips as per recipe above or however you like to make them.











2. Heat up some brown rice. I had microwave packets and stored remains in fridge.











3. Into the rice, mix marjoram, aoli, salt, pepper and smoked paprika.  You can use any sauce/spice/herb combo that you wish.

4. Fry an egg in your favourite vegetable oil.











5. If needed, reheat your BBQ chicken with any method you prefer.

6. Spoon some rice mixture into a bowl. Sprinkle the kale chips on top to one side. Add some chicken next to the kale and then place your egg slightly covering the kale and chicken (presentation is key!)











7. Sprinkle with some more salt and pepper. Add a dash of hot sauce (ore more) and finish with some parmesen cheese.

Enjoy!!!

God bless







No comments:

Post a Comment