Saturday, October 15, 2016

Smoothie bowl | In The Kitchen

Smoothie bowls are such a huge trend at the moment. You can find them in pretty much every breakfast cafe that you walk into - and for good reason too!

They are so nutritious and full of vitamins and minerals. You can create so many different flavour combinations in the smoothie and then as well with the toppings.

Acai is very popular with smoothie bowls but I unfortunately don't like them. I find them too tart for my liking, so I decided to make myself a peanut butter & chocolate smoothie bowl to full me up for breaky with healthy goodness aswell as hitting my sweet tooth.

My recipe is vegan as as I am trying out a plant based diet for a couple weeks. You can substitute in some dairy products if you wish and it still taste amazing.

Choc Peanut Butter Smoothie Bowl 














1 Frozen Banana
Small handful of frozen berries
1 TBSP natural peanut butter
1 TBSP Pea Protein  (unflavoured)
1 TBSP Sugar free drinking chocolate
1/4 Cup Almond Milk
1 TSP Vanilla Essence
Handful of granola or muesli
1 TBSP of Shredded Coconut
Handful of Blueberries
Half a fresh banana
(Optional: Baby Spinach)











Method

1. In a cafe style blender, add in the milk, frozen banana, pea protein, peanut butter , vanilla and drinking chocolate. I also added a small amount of frozen berries for extra fruit but not enough to detract from the choc peanut flavour. I blend this up using the pulse button. It needs to be rather thick.
(You can add baby spinach or kale for extra goodness)




2. Pour into a bowl and top with your favourite toppings. I chose fresh banana, fresh Blueberries, toasted muesli & shredded coconut.

3. Enjoy the yuminess!














What is your favourite flavour smoothie bowl?

God BLESS

No comments:

Post a Comment